You will find here a list of documents on PVC piping,under several different headings.
PVC Characterisation & Testing
- Determination of the degree of gelation
P.Vanspeybroeck & A Dewilde, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- Fill or foamed PVC pipes – which solution achieves the highest benefit?
J. Dowbrowsksy, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- Pipeline rehabilitation with expanded and reoriented PVC
D.W. Woods, S.Ferry & T. Marti, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
Performance in service
- PVC Pipes for life – modern developments
M.Osry, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- Hydraulically actuated fittings for higher pressure.
M.Welburn, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- Combined loading of buried thermoplastics pressure pipes.
F. Alferink, M.Wolters, L-E. Jansen, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- Low cost piping: A challenge for the first and third world.
E.Spindler, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- Long term performance prediction of existing PVC water distribution systems
J.Breen, A.Boersma , P.Slaats & J.Vreburg, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004.
- Long Term Performance of PVC Pressure Pipes in a Large Rural Water Supply Scheme.
M.W.Stahmer and A.J.Whittle, Plastics Pipes XI, Munich, September 2001, pp.187-196.
- Large Diameter PVC Pipe - Canadian Experience.
G.Lefort, Plastics Pipes XIV, Budapest, September 2008.
- Water Main Breaks Rates in the USA and Canada: A Comprehensive Study.
S.Folkman, Utah State University, Buried Structures Laboratory, April 2012.
Sustainability (incl. recycling)
- The TEPPFA Voluntary Commitment
R. van't Veer, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004.
- Performance and Sustainability Advantages of PVC Sewer Pipes in Australia.
A.Whittle, N.Jones and M.Heathcote, Plastics Pipes XVI, Barcelona, September 2012.
- The lifetimes of PE and PVC materials for use in the sodium hypochlorite and hydrogen peroxide environments
C.Arnold, S.Brogden & J.Stewart, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004.
- Resistance of PVC pipes against disinfectants.
J.Fumire, Plastics Pipes XIV, Budapest, 2008.
- Prediction of ductile failure in U-PVC pipes
G.Castiglioni, D.Verzanni & A. Pavar, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- Resistance of PVC-U and PVC-M to cyclic fatigue
A.Whittle & A.Teo, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- Predicting the residual life of PVC sewer pipes
A.Whittle & J Tennakoon, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- Durability of Ductile PVC Gas Distribution System PP XII
T.Meijering, M.Wolters & R. Hermkens, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- 70 years experience with PVC pipes
T Huelsmann and R E Nowack, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- PVC pipe performance in water mains and sewers
P.C.Kirby, Proc.Int. Conf. Underground Plastics Pipe, ASCE, New Orleans, March 30 - April 1 1981, pp. 161-174.
- In-service durability of uPVC water mains.
S.J.Lancashire, Plastics Pipes VI 1985, pp.15.1 - 15.7.
- The Long Term Behaviour of Buried uPVC Sewer Pipe.
D.Walton and W.J.Elzink, Plastics Pipes VII, September 1988, pp. 26/1 - 26/11.
- Long-term Behaviour of Buried PVC Sewer Pipes.
L-E.Janson, Plastics Pipes IX, September 1995, pp.31-39.
- Physical Ageing of Buried PVC Sewer Pipes As Affecting Their Long Term Behaviour
L-E.Janson, Plastics Pipes VII, September 1988,pp. 28/1-28/10.
- The Actual Performance of Buried Plastics Pipes in Europe Over 25 Years
W.J.Elzink and J.Molin, Plastics Pipes VIII, Spetember 1992, pp.A2/1-1 to A21-13.
- Old PVC Gravity Sewer Pipes: Long Term Performance.
F. Alferink, E.Guldbaek and J.Grootoonk, Plastics Pipes IX, 1995, pp.40-51.
- Old PVC-U water pressure pipes:An investigation into the design and durability.
F.Alferink, L-E.Janson and L.Holloway, PVC'96, Brighton, 1996, pp. 87-96.
- Lifetime Expectancy of PVC Pipelines for Sewer Systems.
H.Meerman, Plastics Pipes XIV, Budapest, September 2008
- PVC Pipes in Gas Distribution: Still Going Strong!
R.Hermknes, M.Wolters, J.Weller and R.Visser, Plastics Pipes XIV, Budapest, September 2008.
- Expected Lifetime of Existing Water Distribution Systems - Management Summary
J.Breen, TNO Report MT-RAP-06-18692/mso, Published by TNO Science and Industry, May 2006.
- Quality of PVC Sewage Pipes in the Netherlands - Management Summary
J.Breen, TNO Report MT-RAP-2008-01066/mso|2, Published by TNO Science and Industry, April 2008.
- Pipe dreams – Everard Dec 06
M. Everard , IEMA Magazine, Dec2006
- What is PVC4Pipes Brochure
- Causes and Process of Fire
- Innovation in PVC Twin wall pipe
PVC4Pipes press Release, March 2007
- Recent developments in PVC-C compound technology
J. Schroeder, Plastics Pipes XII, Milan 2004
- Estimate of energy consumption and CO2 emission associated with the production, use and final disposal of PVC, HDPE, PP, ductile iron and concrete pipes
J.M. Baldasano Recio, P. Guerrero, M.Goncalves Ageitos & R. Parra Narváez. Report PVC-TUB 200512-2, Univ. Catalunya, December 2005.
- PVC4Pipes Position Paper on Azodicarbonamide (ADCA), April 2014